Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How can it only be Wednesday?

This week has been draggginnngggg by. I feel like I should already be in the middle of the weekend. At least I only have one more class tomorrow and then I am done until Monday!

In Knitting, I have completed one dishcloth this week called the Citizen Kane Dishcloth and started another called the Starfish Cloth. I am in love with this dishcloth! I going to end up making a ton I am sure!

Rosebud Dishcloth
Citizen Kane Dishcloth

My Clapotis is coming along quite nicely. I don't have as much time to work on it as I would like because I don't want to take it out of the house. I just know that somehow it would get messed up and I would be sad. Plus, it is getting rather large! My goal is finish it before the end of the month so I can start on a new one!

In Progress Clapotis
Close up of the dropped stitches and how the end is rolling.

In Progress Clapotis
See how big!!

Related to knitting...my friend and I went to Goodwill on Saturday because I wanted to find some sweaters that I could unravel. Here are some websites to check out so that you know what I am talking about: My Virtual Sanity and Recycling Yarn. Here is a pic of my finds:
Goodwill Sweaters
There is a blue turtleneck (2.99), a white speckled hoodie (2.99), and I already started on the gray kid's sweater (1.99). So far I am enjoying it! Its like two hobbies in one and this is way cheaper than buying yarn!

I also made a niddy noddy out of PVC pipe to help wind my new yarn!
PVC Niddy Noddy
It has some of the gray sweater's yarn on it. It was really simple to make and took me about a half an hour. Here is the pattern: As The Yarn Turns.

I think that is all for now because its getting late. I am sure that I will have another update for you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment